Campers have the option of travelling with other campers between Pittsburgh and Calvary Camp on a chartered coach bus. The pick-up and drop-off point in Pittsburgh is Calvary Episcopal Church in the Shadyside neighborhood. For information about Calvary Church, please scroll down.
Bus trips are supervised by camp staff. At least one member of the Calvary Camp staff rides each bus.
Cost: $25 one-way or $50 round trip.
Reservations: Reservations must be made no later than one week before the bus trip. Reservations for the trip from camp back to Pittsburgh can be made on check-in day. Should you have any questions, need to cancel/change your reservation, or in the event of an emergency, please call (440) 593-4381.
Departure: The bus departs Calvary Church promptly at 1:00 p.m. on Sunday afternoon - the bus does not wait for latecomers. Campers will be registered when they get on the bus and must present their medical form to the staff member in charge at that time.
Return: The bus returns to Calvary Church at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday afternoon.
Change of schedule: If the bus should be delayed or canceled, every effort will be made to contact parents in advance. A representative of the camp will be present at Calvary Church at the regularly scheduled time to give further information.
Calvary Episcopal Church
Click here to view Calvary Church on Google Maps. Calvary Church is located in the Shadyside neighborhood of Pittsburgh at the
corner of Shady Avenue and Walnut Street. The address is 315 Shady Avenue, Pittsburgh PA 15206
If you are coming from the south or west suburbs or downtown Pittsburgh
- Get on I-376 East
- Exit at Forbes Avenue exit and follow signs to Forbes.
- Continue on Forbes until you reach Shady Avenue.
- Turn left on Shady. The church is on your right just after the fourth traffic light (Walnut Street).
If you are coming from the east suburbs
- Get on I-376 West.
- Exit at Wilkinsburg exit (PA Route 8). You will find yourself on Penn Avenue.
- Continue on Penn Avenue until you reach Shady Avenue.
- Turn left on Shady. The church and the parking lot are on the left before the second traffic light.
From the North, using either I-279, Rt. 8 or Rt. 28
- Cross the Highland Park Bridge off of Rt.28
- Take the Washington Blvd. exit.
- Continue on Washington Blvd., which becomes Fifth Ave.
- Turn right on Shady Ave.
- The church and the parking lot are on the right immediately after the first traffic light.